LWt9MaZ9NWtbMqB4Mat8Map8NTcsynIkynwbzD1c

Virat Kohli Retirement from T20 International Cricket

Virat Kohli announces his retirement from T20 International Cricket after India…

BLANTERLANDINGv101

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Virat Kohli Announces Retirement from T20 International Cricket after Title Victory against South Africa

India won the T20 World Cup title for the second time by defeating South Africa by seven wickets in an exciting final match.

'Time to Take the Game Forward for the Next Generation'

Following India’s thrilling seven-wicket win against South Africa in the final match of the T20 World Cup, Virat Kohli made a significant announcement, declaring that this was his last T20 World Cup and that he wanted to give opportunities to young players. Kohli has bid farewell to international T20 cricket but will continue playing in the IPL.

In the match, Kohli played a stellar innings, scoring 76 runs off 59 balls with the help of six fours and two sixes. His crucial performance earned him the Player of the Match award. During the award ceremony, Kohli said, "This was my last T20 World Cup. This is what we wanted to achieve. One day, you feel like you can't run anymore, and it happens, God is great. It was a now-or-never situation. This was my last T20 match playing for India. We wanted to lift that cup. Yes, I am making an announcement and it’s an open secret. It’s time to take the T20 game forward for the next generation. It has been a long wait for us to win an ICC tournament. Look at a player like Rohit, he has played nine T20 World Cups, and this was my sixth. He deserved this victory."

Debut Against Zimbabwe

Virat Kohli made his T20 debut for India on June 12, 2010, against Zimbabwe. Throughout his career, Kohli played a total of 125 matches for the Indian team, scoring 4188 runs with a strike rate of 137.04. He ended his T20 career as the second-highest run-scorer in the shortest format of the game. Kohli's highest individual score in T20s was an unbeaten 122. During his career, he scored one century and 39 half-centuries. Kohli equaled Pakistan's captain Babar Azam for the most 50-plus scores in the shortest format.

Participated in Six T20 World Cups

Over his 14-year-long international T20 career, Kohli participated in six T20 World Cups. He played in the 2012, 2014, 2016, 2021, 2022, and 2024 T20 World Cups. In 2014, during his second T20 World Cup, India was close to becoming world champions but lost to Sri Lanka in the final. Kohli scored a total of 1292 runs in 35 matches in T20 World Cups with a strike rate of 128.81. He hit 15 half-centuries in these global tournaments, with his highest individual score being an unbeaten 89. Kohli ultimately concluded his international T20 career as a world champion.

Premium By RakeshMgs With RakeshMgs
BLANTERLANDINGv101

Formulir Kontak Whatsapp×
Data Anda
Data Lainnya
Kirim Sekarang